This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to safely work on single phase and 3 phase electric motors. You will practice on great tools under the supervision of passionate tutors.
The course covers the off-job component of the following unit standards:
- Unit 2013 – Install and commission AC rotating machines, 5 credits (Level 4)
- Unit 16413 – Fault find, repair and test electric motors, 8 credits (Level 4)
- Unit 16416 – Service bearings and seals in electrical rotating machines, 1 credit (Level 2)
- Unit 29420 (DCI 16) – Fault find, test, and commission electric motors, 4 credits (Level 4)
On completion of the course, the tutor will provide an evidence sheet to the attendee for them to take to their verifier. This will allow the verifier to sign off the trainee workplace logbook blue slip.
Outcome of Course
This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to safely work on single phase and 3 phase electric motors (14 NZQA Credits).
- All attendees must wear their PPE gear (work boots, safety glasses, long sleeved shirt, denim pants).
- Bring your hand tools (socket set if you can).
1-day theory and practical block course (10am-4pm)
*This course might be rescheduled if there are less than 4 participants confirmed into this course.
$310 GST Incl.
*Note prices are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
These courses run on-demand on a regular basis. If no course dates are showing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 573-1964 for available dates
This course does not include an examination.
Places on this course are available most weeks. However, please contact us to make sure your preferred date is available before clicking ‘Enrol Now’.
Once you are enrolled in this course, we will send you through a confirmation email with everything you need to know and bring with you.