Any electrician wishing to register as an electrical inspector in New Zealand must meet the criteria set out by the EWRB.
This course is designed to develop your knowledge of the requirements of inspection of installations for electrical safety and the connection of installations to supply, including high risk site work, certified designs, records of inspection, periodic inspections and warrants of electrical fitness to prepare you for your Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) Electrical Inspector Theory examination.
Electrical Installers cover authorised electrical work in the fields of:
- Responsibilities of an electrical inspector
- Inspection of prescribed electrical work
- Safety checks for installations and appliances
- The multiple earth neutral system
- Protective devices
- Wiring systems
- Electrical inspector practical tasks and skills assessment
Outcome of Course
This course meets the requirements of the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) as a course of instruction suitable for examination entry.
- Provide evidence of a valid Safety Training (if you require a Refresher, contact us here at E-tec and we can help arrange this)
- Be a registered electrician, a Qualified Engineer or a Chartered Professional Engineer for not less than 3 years and completed not less than 3 years practical experience in carrying out PEW that is satisfactory to the Board. Note: You may be able to enrol in this course, if you have not yet done 3 years of practical experience, but you will not be officially licensed until you prove to the EWRB that you have met this requirement.
- You must bring a copy of your Regulations or Standards
You will be ready to register when
- You have passed a Board approved Electrical Inspector examination
- You have passed a Board approved Electrical Inspector practical assessment
8 days block course (8.30 am – 4.30pm) or 16- week night class (5.15 pm -9.15 pm). Minimum of 10 participants for night classes only.
This course may be rescheduled if less than 10 participants are booked into a course.
$1,595 GST Incl.
This price includes the Aspeq exam fee and EWRB Practical Fee.
*Note prices are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
After the completion of your block course, E-tec will organise your examination booking at a time and date convenient for you.
To register click ‘Enrol Now’ and add our course to your cart. Alternatively, get in touch with us today to find out more about this course.
Limited spaces available, please click on the ‘Enrol Now’ to find out the availability.
- Night class starting on the 4th March 2021
- 17th March to 26th March (Block course)
- 20th October to 29th October (Block course)