Anyone wishing to register as an electrician in New Zealand must meet the criteria set out by the EWRB. This course is designed to develop your knowledge of the essentials of electrical theory, preparing you for your Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) Electrician’s Theory examination.
- Supply systems
- Motors/Motor starters
- Switch boards
Outcome of Course
This course meets the requirements of the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) as a course of instruction suitable for examination entry, and assessment of practical skills.
There are no prerequisite requirements for the theory course and examination. However, to be eligible for registration (unless exempted by the EWRB), candidates will need to demonstrate to the EWRB that they have completed 8,000 hours practical training/experience in the work of an electrician while holding a Trainee Limited Certificate (TLC). In addition, practical stage assessments and electrician’s registration examination pass will be required, as defined by the EWRB.
80 hours approx. of self-study + 1-week theory block course (Monday to Friday 8.30-4.30pm) + examination day or 10-week night class (Wednesday 5.15pm-9.15pm)
$975 GST Incl.
Course cost is all inclusive of the external ASPEQ examination fee.
*Note prices are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
After the completion of your block course, E-tec will organise your examination booking at a time and date convenient for you.
To register click ‘Enrol Now’ and add our course to your cart. Alternatively, get in touch with us today to find out more about this course.
Limited spaces available, please click on the ‘Enrol Now’ to find out the availability
- Wednesday 5th May – Night Class (10 weeks every Wednesday’s)
- Monday 24th May – Day Class (1 week block course)
- Monday 5th July – Day Class – (1 week block course)
- Wednesday 21st August – Night Class (10 Weeks every Wednesday’s)
- Monday 2nd August – Day Class (1 week block course)
- Wednesday 29th September – Night Class (10 weeks every Wednesday’s)
- Monday 4th Oct – Day Class (1 week block course)
- Monday 1st November – Day Class (1 week block course)