Anyone wishing to register as an electrician in New Zealand must meet the criteria set out by the EWRB. This course is designed to develop your knowledge of New Zealand’s Electrical Regulations and their application, and to prepare you for your Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) Electrician’s Regulations examination.
• The Electricity Act
• ASNZS 3000
• ECP 34
• ASNZ 3001
Outcome of Course
This course meets the requirements of the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) as a course of instruction suitable for examination entry.
There are no prerequisite requirements for the regulation course and examination. However, to be eligible for registration (unless exempted by the EWRB), candidates will need to demonstrate to the EWRB that they have completed either:
- 2 years practical training/experience in the work of an installer, obtained whilst holding a Trainee Limited Certificate (TLC), as well as passing Installer theory exam, and practical stage assessments or;
- 8,000 hours practical training/experience in the work of an electrician, obtained whilst holding a Trainee Limited Certificate (TLC), as well as passing Electricians theory exam, and practical stage assessments.
60 hours approx. of self-study followed by either
5-day theory block course – Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm
10 week night classes – Tuesdays from 5:15pm to 9:15pm
+ examination day
$1,155 GST Incl.
Course cost is all inclusive of the external ASPEQ examination fee and legislative materials required for the examination.
*Note prices are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
These courses run on-demand on a regular basis. If no course dates are showing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 573-1964 for available dates
After the completion of your block course, E-tec will organise your examination booking through ASPEQ at a time and date convenient for you.
To register click ‘Enrol Now’ and add our course to your cart. Alternatively, get in touch with us today to find out more about this course.
Why to choose a virtual course with E-tec
E-tec’s virtual courses offer quality training, in line with the high standards of our in-person courses. Plus, you’ll find additional benefits, which make it increasingly the preferred option for people nationwide. Advantages to studying virtually include:
- Save time, energy and money as you won’t have to travel to our campus
- Learn in the safety and security of your home or workplace
- Meet new people from across the country and make new connections in a virtual classroom
- Virtual classrooms mimic real world learning but in the comfort and safety of learning at home
Watch this video to find out more about our virtual learning.