Vaccination required to attend all in-person training at E-tec under Covid-19 protection framework – Red
On Sunday 23 January, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced a nationwide move to the Red Covid-19 traffic light setting from midnight.
Under the Red traffic light setting, E-tec students and visitors must be fully vaccinated to enter the premises at 364 East Tamaki Road. You will be asked to provide proof of your vaccination status by showing your Vaccine Pass when requested.
Online and virtual training will continue as normal
For courses with an EWRB examination, however, we advise you to contact the exam provider, Aspeq, if you are not fully vaccinated https://ewrb.aspeqexams.com/home prior to course attendance, as Aspeq normally requires proof of full vaccination status.
What else are we doing to keep you safe during the COVID-19 Protection Framework (Red Traffic Light)?
What sort of health and safety requirements can we expect?
Holding in-person training does mean we must have some strict rules in place – and it’s important everyone follows these.
Your arrival on site
- If you are coming to a pre-arranged class, you’ll need to park at the rear of the building and enter via the rear door. You must wear a face mask at all times whilst inside the building.
- Please maintain the 2m physical distancing as you enter the building and scan the Covid-19 QR code poster displayed at the entrance.
- There will be signage directing you to the appropriate area, where you’ll be required to clean your hands with hand sanitiser before signing a Contact Tracing Register.
- This Register asks you to declare that:
- you have not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 symptoms
- you have no Covid-19 symptoms yourself.
- The Register will also require your personal contact details, so that the Government can trace you and your contacts in the event of an outbreak.
- Your tutor will meet you in the designated area and take you through a site induction, provide you with appropriate PPE and explain the safe distancing and hygiene protocols.
- You must maintain a 1m safe distance from your classmates at all times.
- Working surfaces and test equipment will be thoroughly cleaned at the start and end of each day. All tools brought to site must be cleaned using the antiseptic wipes provided before the class commences and should be left on site until the end of your course – at that point, they will need to be thoroughly cleaned before they can be removed.
- E-tec will remain closed to casual visitors. If you’d like to speak to someone about your course or training needs, you can contact email@example.com or 0800 030 500.
- If you wish to bring food on site, you are welcome to use the spacious E-tec cafeteria for your meals and breaks, provided you keep appropriate social distancing and hygiene standards.
- Please be aware that other classes may also be operating in the same building at the same time – so you must maintain a safe 2m distance from everyone outside your class as well during the time you are on E-tec premises.
We really appreciate your cooperation in helping us to maintain these health and safety protocols – but it is also important to point out that we will need to ask anyone not well, or not adhering to the rules, to leave the site immediately.
If you become concerned about anyone breaching the rules, or believe a fellow classmate may be unwell, talk to your tutor immediately or contact the manager at E-tec on (027) 777 4405.